|Attention: DocWiki has reached EOL and will be decommissioned late January 2019.|
OpenStack is an open source cloud solution consisting of a series of interrelated projects which deliver various solution components.
Cisco contributes OpenStack code as open source software for the community. Cisco contributes core OpenStack software, OpenStack extensions in the form of OpenStack plugins (see OpenStack_Plugins) and services that enable the deployment and use of OpenStack (installer, etc.). The plugin extensions include Neutron (OpenStack networking) plugins and device drivers. Cisco's OpenStack related community and technical preview code contributions are documented in this wiki.
Cisco also provides OpenStack based products and support contracts. Details of these product offerings include:
OpenStack centric products: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/data-center-virtualization/openstack-at-cisco/index.html
NFVI (Network Functional Virtualization Infrastructure): https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/service-provider/network-functions-virtualization-nfv-infrastructure/index.html?dtid=osscdc000283
Key offerings in these areas include:
Cisco OpenStack Networking Extensions: Cisco OpenStack Network plugins for the Cisco ASR1000, Cisco Nexus 9000 and Cisco UCS systems. Product codes are OPNSTK-ASR-PKG-M, OPNSTK-UCS_PKG-M & OPNSTK-N9K-M
Unless explicitly stated by a Cisco support contract, Cisco's OpenStack contributions are provided "as-is" and are not supported by Cisco Support. Community support is available on a best-effort basis at this email mailto://email@example.com.
Send questions and comments about documentation, including this docwiki, to mailto://firstname.lastname@example.org.
OpenStack Install/Deployment Support
See the UCS Red Hat OpenStack offering for more details on Red Hat supported install information: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/data-center-virtualization/openstack-at-cisco/ucs-red-hat-openstack.html?dtid=osscdc000283
OpenStack release information
RH partnership in place, see  for details.
Beginning with the Juno release, Cisco no longer supplies or supports the Cisco OpenStack Installer.
- System Requirements. System requirements for Cisco OpenStack Installer.
- Icehouse Deployment Guide
- Installing Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS
- Icehouse installation documents are also available in PDF format from the Cisco Systems GitHub repository.
OpenStack Neutron Plugins
See details in the OpenStack_Plugins section.
- Support email. Community support is offered on a best effort basis at this email: mailto://email@example.com.
- OpenStack_and_Heartbleed. Find updates about the Heartbleed vulnerability in relation to Cisco OpenStack Installer.
- Troubleshooting. Find solutions to common installation problems.
- Bug Tracker and Software Enhancement (Blueprint) Tracker. Bug and enhancement reports are publicly available from the project tracking page on LaunchPad.
- Bug Submission Tutorial Learn how to file bugs against Cisco OpenStack Installer.
- Get non-Cisco-specific information from the OpenStack community at Ask OpenStack and the OpenStack Wiki.